blogging

Dylan Armstrong

Personal Blog by Dylan Armstrong Just some random, potentially useful, things I've written about.

New Photos

June 01, 2021

I updated my photos site and added several new countries. The layout of the index page has been adjusted too, so it’s a little easier to read.

I also clarified the license on my blog and photo site, I realized it could be misleading that I was granting an ISC license on the source code, but not on the actual content of the demo or my blog posts.

Since I think I’m the only one who knows the photo site exists, I doubt it really matters.


I didn’t clarify it in last post, but I also updated neovim configuration entirely to lua. This was mostly a time wasting exercise and I’m not sure I’ve found any benefit to it.

I don’t want my neovim to be an IDE, and I still occasionally use vim without any configuration on some servers.

I tried writing my first lua plugin, but I really need the autocmd functionality to be merged in first.

The only nifty thing is being able to do my keybindings like so:

local maps = {
  i = {
    ['jj'] = '<Esc>',
  },
  -- ...
}

for mode, mappings in pairs(maps) do
  for keys, mapping in pairs(mappings) do
    vim.api.nvim_set_keymap(mode, keys, mapping, { noremap = true })
  end
end

As always, source code is available here.

I really want a new side project idea that I can do in lua. It’s a really fun language.


Truncated this blog post, as I’m writing a much longer post about updating the photos application itself.